Financial wellness involves knowledge of financial basics such as personal finance, budgeting, planning for the future and protecting personal information.
Financial fitness can contribute to wellness in many areas:
- Purchasing items and services to improve life for ourselves or others
- Planning for retirement to increase peace of mind
- Maintaining control over our credit and identity
- Working to reach goals: job satisfaction, time with family and friends
- Improving relationships through knowledge and communication
We see a university community (students, faculty, staff) who know how to make a life as well as a living, using their knowledge of money to accomplish their aspirations so they don’t interfere with their dreams!
—Mission statement, UW-Madison Financial Literacy Task Force